What we Offer….
- Small teacher to child ratios.3’s: 1-8 (max)
- 4’s 1:10 (max)
- Activities which encourage curiosity and self-awareness.
- Lead teachers with degrees in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education.
- Serving children with special needs through cooperation with Elkhart County Special Education Cooperation (ECSEC).
- Speech Screening.
- An experience-based curriculum with topics covering: The Farm, Community Helpers, Music, Pets.
- Tools of the Mind curriculum for 4 year old classes.
- Rich art experiences emphasizing the child’s creativity: collages, painting, drawing.
- Field trips that correspond to units of study.
- Opportunities for children to develop self-confidence through playing and sharing with other children. Practice using acceptable expressions of feelings.
- Classroom activities which include parents or grandparents sharing their interests
- Annual Mother’s Night, Father’s Night, and Spring program.
- Parent/Teacher conferences as well as informal sharing with teachers at pick-up time
- Monthly newsletter
Extended Day 11:30-1:30 p.m.
- Teacher to child ratio: 1-7 (max)
- Children bring a sack lunch and eat together then have a short play time before Class starts at 12:10 p.m.
- Circle time with books and songs, Star of the Week student will bring pictures of family to share
- Tucker Signing is used to learn sounds of letters
- Dry erase boards are sometimes used at circle time to learn letters and words
- Small groups work in Notebooks to practice writing letters and words
- Daily Art Time that ties in with lesson
- The extended day program is very helpful in preparing children for kindergarten
- Classrooms designed to encourage discovery and exploration through a variety of interest centers.
- Spacious recreation room for large motor development and play
- Beautiful fenced in playground for outdoor play